Competition for Scientific Projects Aimed at the Solution of Problems Caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic
Until August 24, 2020, applications are accepted for the Russian Foundation for Basic Research competition for the best scientific projects aimed at the solution of problems caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The competition has been established by the organizations participating in the BRICS Science, Technology & Innovation Framework Programme.
- The event starts:
- End of the event:
The Russian Foundation for Basic Research announces an open call for the best scientific projects aimed at the solution of problems caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The competition has been established by the organizations participating in the BRICS Science, Technology & Innovation (STI) Framework Programme.
Projects in the following fields can be submitted:
- Research and development of new technologies / tools for diagnosing COVID-19;
- Research and development of COVID-19 vaccines and drugs, including the repurposing of available drugs;
- Genomic sequencing of SARS-CoV-2 and studies on the epidemiology and mathematical modeling of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- AI, ICT and HPC oriented research for COVID-19 drugs design, vaccine development, treatment, clinical trials and public health infrastructures and systems;
- Epidemiological studies and clinical trials to evaluate the overlap of SARS-CoV-2 and comorbidities, especially tuberculosis.
Participants of international scientific consortia are to submit an international application to the competition's secretariat and national applications to relevant organizations participating in the BRICS STI Framework Programme.
The projects by Russian national research groups will be funded by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research. Applications are submitted in accordance with the competition's terms and conditions (in Russian) for Russian participants submitting an application to the Russian Foundation for Basic Research.
The projects' duration: 2 years.
The amount of funding offered: from 3,000,000 to 5,000,000 rubles per year.
Applications are accepted until 23:59 MSK on August 24, 2020.
The results of the competition will be announced until December 25, 2020.